With thousands of small businesses relying on WorkingPoint to manage and run their businesses, we take the security and protection of your data very seriously.
This document outlines some of the processes and methodologies we have implemented to back-up and secure your data on WorkingPoint.
- Managed Hosting. We have chosen Amazon to host the WorkingPoint application. Amazon has many years of experience running and managing the largest e-commerce service on the Internet. We use the same cloud computing platform that has the same level of high availability (99.95%), dependability and security that Amazon delivers to its own e-commerce storefront.
- Physical Security. Amazon has many years of experience in designing, constructing, and operating large-scale data centers. AWS infrastructure is housed in Amazon-controlled data centers throughout the world. Only those within Amazon who have a legitimate business need to have such information know the actual location of these data centers, and the data centers themselves are secured with a variety of physical barriers to prevent unauthorized access.
- Application Security. When you use WorkingPoint, the communication between your computer and our servers is encrypted using 256-bit keys (SSL security). This level of security makes it virtually impossible for anyone to intercept and view your data across the Internet.
- Data Backup. We backup your data on a daily basis at multiple locations. In the event of a catastrophe, we can retrieve your data from multiple locations.
- Redundancy. We designed the WorkingPoint application to run on a distributed and redundant architecture. This means that if any of our servers fail, your access to WorkingPoint is not affected.
- Financial Institution Information. While we secure your credentials using bank-level encryption during transit, WorkingPoint does not store your financial institution credentials. Once we connect to your bank or credit card provider, we can only read information. We cannot move or transfer money from your accounts. For more information regarding financial institution integration click here.
If you have any questions or concerns about the security of your WorkingPoint data, please contact us.